View text only version
Skip to main content Skip to main navigation Skip to search
- Assignment Calculator
- Presented by the Carol Grotnes Belk Library & Information Commons. Assignment calculator allows you to enter assignment due date and subject and then calculates steps/dates to complete various parts of assignment by.
- Flashcards Online
- A comprehensive and robust on-line study tool. You can study any flashcard in the system without having to login. To get started studying, search for flashcards using the search box in the header. In order to create your own flashcards you must create a username and password, though an account is free.
- Learning Skills Services
- One-on-one appointments on study skills topics are free to all Appalachian students. Students who would benefit from weekly support may consider signing up for general tutoring or ask about a referral to the academic coach for help with time management, assignment management etc. Elective one hour classes in study skills, time management and reading are offered during the fall and spring semesters. Taking a class is a great way to identify, practice and reflect on skills for academic achievement. Find answers to your study skills questions. Learn on your own using our study skills resources and graphic organizers—there are a lot of tools you might find helpful.
- Study Tips from Ohio University
- Each section of this site addresses study skills topics that relate to all college students. All exercises ask for and require interaction from you. Includes strategies/tools/ subjects as follows: keeping up, GPA tools, memory, time management, handling reading, lecture notes, exam prep, concentration. An excellent resource.
- Grammar Slammer
- The help file that goes beyond a grammar checker. Includes rules on everything from punctation to style and useage tips to common mistakes and choices.
- Guide to Grammar & Writing
- Offers writing strategies, self-quizzes on grammar, powerpoints, etc.. Categories broken down by: word and sentence level, paragraph, essay and research papers, grammar and quizzes, and search devices. Sponsored by the Capital Community College Foundation.
- The Purdue Online Writing Lab (OWL)
- Offering over 200 free resources to help with writing and teaching writing, research, grammar and mechanics, style guides, English as a second language (ESL), job search writing and professional writing.